Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Fiesta Bisque

It has been so long since I uploaded a recipe that I have forgotten how to add to this blog.  Oops.  After many attempts this morning, I am finally successful.

Although it isn't technically a pressure cooker recipe, my pc lives on the counter and I find it very convenient to use, but you can use a regular stove top pot if thats what works best for you.


 A bisque is usually what is used to describe a soup with seafood, with dairy blended in.  Although there is no seafood in this amazing dinner, I'm going to call it a bisque anyway, because it has the dairy blended into it, and I really just like saying Bisque!  The first rule of cooking in my home is that my husband is not allowed into the kitchen while I am cooking.  That man (whom I adore most of the time) can disassemble a diner faster than anyone I have ever met.  If he knew I was feeding him cream cheese on a regular basis, he'd make some kind of disparaging remark, so it's best to remove him from the kitchen while Im cooking. He has no allergy or adverse reaction to cream cheese other than it's white and creamy.  I know, he's a strange man.  But I digress... Fiesta Bisque is making regular rotations through our meal plan.  Because it is that amazing!



Cast of characters: 
  
1 lb hot sausage
1 c seasoning blend (onion, pepper, celery mix)
{in the frozen vegetable section of the grocery store}
you can also use fresh chopped aromatic vegetables
2 tbs chopped garlic
1 10 oz can of Rotel
1 10 oz can medium heat red enchilada sauce
1 14.5 can stewed tomatoes
2 blocks of cream cheese



Brown the sausage in a skillet, set aside.





In the pressure cooker, using the brown function, sautéed the onion mix and garlic in a few tbsp of olive oil (or butter or bacon drippings, whatever fat you have available).  Cook until onions are translucent.




Add the cans of Rotel, enchilada sauce and stewed tomatoes.  Bring up to heat until the vegetables and tomatoes start to boil.  Add the blocks of cream cheese.



Using your handy dandy stick blender (also called immersion blender), or if you are old school, scoop into your regular blender, but be careful you don't burn yourself.  Blend vegetables and cream cheese until smooth.  This is a thick soup.  Once the soup has been blended, turn off the heat on your pc or pot.  It might scorch if you leave the heat up.



Once the soup is blended, add the browned sausage to the pot.



If your husband is a heathen, like mine is... you know the kind of man who "likes his food naked"...meaning no sauces, gravy or cream of any kind.  This is how his dinner was served.  naked.  




But if you are a normal person, who likes added pizazz to your food, dress your bowl with black olives, a swizzle of ranch dressing and something crunchy.   When my youngest came home from college the first time she let me know that Ranch Dressing can be used anywhere sour cream was accepted.  And it squeezes into a nice swirl easier than a plop of sour cream.  Although if you don't have the ranch dressing handy, sour cream works just fine. I think a garnish of cilantro would look really good, but there is a lack of cilantro in my fridge today.   I am eating low carb, so I enjoy parmesan chips as opposed to tortilla chips.  Either way, enjoy the crunch with your soup. 
This is not low carb...it's lower carb...there are carbs in the tomato products.  It is also as far from low-fat as a soup can get.  But it is delicious and very filling. 💋💋💋

And there you have it.  Very fast and very yummy Fiesta Bisque.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment