Sunday, February 14, 2016

Pasole

Or I've been sick for a week and need a good soup with what I can find in my pantry and freezer...

Yeah it's a little tough to say three times fast, but it is what it is.

2 c pork, chopped into 1 inch pieces
1 yellow onion
7 small yellow potatoes
1 can corn
1 can hominy
1 can navy beans (pintos are more authentic, but this is what I had)
1 can green enchilada sauce
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder

Defrost pork.  sprinkle with cumin and garlic, in pressure cooker, use brown setting, brown pork in a little oil.  Remove.  Add chopped onion and brown until translucent,  Leaving onion in pc, top with chunked potatoes, add cans of corn and hominy (not drained), beans, add pork on top, pour enchilada sauce over all.  check liquid level, i added 1/2 c water to the corn juice, to bring it to pressure.  Pressure high 15 minutes, natural release.  mmmm my house smells delicious!  I plan on eating mine with a dollop of sour cream.  Because sour cream makes the world a better place

Im pretty sure this is what heaven smells like

No comments:

Post a Comment