Monday, February 8, 2016

BEEF STEW

So let's just say I have never liked making beef stew because it always turns out watery and there's no flavor.  I've tried many recipes over the years and pretty much gave up.  Stew meat was on sale last week and I picked some up.  Not to make stew however because remember, I gave that up a long time ago.  At 3 pm I thought what am I going to make for dinner.  I found the stew meat in the freezer and thought let's just look for a pc stew recipe.  I thawed the meat in the microwave but I'm sure you can still pc it frozen.  I just wanted to brown it so I thawed it.  I found 2 stew recipes that looked pretty good and combined the ingredients I liked and had on hand.  Oh babes was it good!  I finally have acquired beef stew skills!  My hubby loved it and that was even a bonus!  I made some wheat bread in my bread maker and what took me about an hour to make made me look like I slaved in the kitchen all day!


Char's Beef Stew

1-2 lb stew meat (I had 1.25 lbs)
2 cans beef broth
1 can tomato soup (undiluted)
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp spicy mustard
1/2 yellow onion diced
2 garlic cloves minced
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp italian seasoning
1/4 tsp paprika
1 bay leaf
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
5-6 potatoes cut in bite size pieces
20-30 baby carrots cut in half (more or less depending on your preference)
2 celery stalks diced
cornstarch

Heat olive oil on brown setting.  Add onion, garlic and meat.  Brown meat.  Add beef broth, soup, worcestershire, and mustard.  Pressure cook on high for 20 min.  Natural release.

Open pc and add veggies and seasonings to meat and juice. You may need to add a little water to cover the veggies.  Pressure on high for 15 min.  Quick release.  Thicken juice with cornstarch dissolved in cold water.  




No comments:

Post a Comment